- Pop-Up Ads - March 2004
- Wireless Technology - April 2004
- Spam and E-mail - Ugh! - May 2004
- Back Up Your Computer Files! - June 2004
- Using a USB Flash Drive - July 2004
- Security and Protecting - August 2004
- Ink Jet Printers - September 2004
- Digital Photos - October 2004
- What Camera Should I Buy? - Nov/Dec 2004
- Keyboard Organizer - January 2005
- Consumer Electronics Show - February 2005
The subjects bolded are topics that deal with computer safety. If you are on the internet with your computer you should have Firewall hardware or software. A firewall helps prevent hackers from getting into your computer. Also make sure you have an Anti-Virus program to protect you from virus attacks.
I have seen a lot of problems with Outlook lately so I have been telling everyone to use Mozilla ThunderBird. It is like Outlook and takes care of your emails and has a Spam filter to help you get rid of those unwanted e-mails. I also use Mozilla FireFox for my web browser. Both programs are free and will also help protect your computer. You can find a link for both programs on www.applebyarts.com under the main menu buttons.
One more thing that will help you is to keep your windows software updated. Just click on START-ALL PROGRAMS-WINDOWS UPDATE. You will need to be on the internet and it might take some time to update. Just a note: After the update to Windows XP SP2, you will need to shut off Windows firewall because it will fight with any other software firewall that you have installed. Remember Always, Always, Always back up your files.