|"Nevada's Third Congressional District is one of the fastest growing areas in the nation and we must continue to expand our highways and roadways in southern Nevada. Investments in transportation infrastructure strengthens the economy, creates jobs, and improves the quality of life for all Nevadans," said Rep. Porter. "I am going to fight to make sure these projects and funding are part of the final transportation bill."
The legislation will soon go to the House Floor for a vote. Rep. Porter ensured that $45 million was in the House bill to begin or continue the following projects:
* Boulder City Bypass, Boulder City, $10 million
- Will connect with the Hoover Bypass (Rt 93) to US Route 93/95/515.
* Starr Interchange, Henderson, $10 million
- Provide Interstate access to a west Henderson master planned community.
* Cactus Avenue Interchange, Henderson, $10 million
- Will ease congestion and safety concerns due largely to incredible growth rates in the area.
* Horse Interchange, Las Vegas, $6 million
- Improve access to rapidly developing northwest Las Vegas and connection to and across US 95.
* Las Vegas Beltway/Airport Connector Interchange, $4 million
- Modifies low speed loop ramps to decrease congestion at McCarran Airport
* Lake Mead Pkw. Improvements, Henderson, $3 million
- Various roadway improvements and expansion.
* Laughlin-Bullhead City Bridge, Laughlin, $2 million
- New bridge crossing the Colorado River to increase safety and decrease traffic delays over the Colorado.